South Australia has once again been in lockdown due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak. The SA Government announced that they would be providing financial assistance to small businesses impacted during the lockdown.
Business Support Grant
- Small businesses that employ staff will be eligible for an emergency cash grant of $3,000, while sole traders will be eligible for a grant of $1,000.
- To be eligible for the grant, a business must, as of 12.01 am Tuesday 20 July 2021:
- be located within SA and employ people in SA
- have a valid ABN and be registered for GST
- have an annual turnover of $75,000 or more in 2020-21 or 2019-20
- have an Australia-wide payroll of less than $10 million in 2019-20
- have experienced at least a 30% reduction (compared to the week prior) in turnover due to the restricted trading conditions.
Sole traders wanting to claim the $1,000 grant must meet the criteria above, excluding the employment requirement.
The application period will be available soon, but businesses can register their interest here: https://forms.sa.gov.au/#/form/60f68a6dad9c5b0b147a6424/app/60f7e8c04d43312f4c510a87
COVID-19 Disaster Payment
Individuals who live within the Commonwealth declared ‘hotspot’ will be eligible for the COVID-19 Disaster Payment of $375 per week for employees who have lost between 8-20 hours of work and $600 per week for employees who have lost over 20 hours of work.
This payment can be applied for at Services Australia.
Regional SA was not included in the ‘hotspot’ areas, and individuals will not be eligible for the Commonwealth Government payments. However, the SA Government announced it would provide income support payments of up to $600 per week for eligible individuals in regional SA.
Applications for income support payments to eligible SA individuals outside the Commonwealth declared ‘hotspot’ areas can be made from 28 July 2021.